It’s pumpkin time!!!
So here is a delicious recipe for vegan pumpkin soup.
– 1 red kuri squash (or as I would say: round orange pumpkin)
– 300 ml of organic, fairtrade coconut milk
– 1 big onion
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 handful of coriander leaves
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 0,5 L of vegetable stock
– 1 teaspoon sweet pepper powder
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder (yes, that much, don’t be shy)
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 cloves
Melt the coconut oil in a cooking pot and put in the garlic, onions and tomatoes. Fry them for 2 minutes.
Then put in pumpkin and vegetable stock. If you have an organic pumpkin I would recommend to put in the pumpkin unpeeled.. It safes a lot of effort.
Once it starts boiling put the gas low and stir in the coconut milk and put in the spices.
After a while the pumpkin falls apart. You can blend it with a handblender if you want a smooth soup without pieces of pumpkin, but that’s not necessary.
Last but not least: put in the chopped coriander leaves once the soup is ready and enjoy!
Here’s the result